Gynecomastia surgery Pittsburgh
The American Society of Plastic Surgery features Dr. Lorelei Grunwaldt for her expertise in gynecomastia surgery Pittsburgh. You can access the video here.
What is gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery reduces the chest size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
Up to 50% of men experience some gynecomastia, according the American Board of Cosmetic Surgeons.
Our patients tell us they are uncomfortable with the appearance of their chest. They don’t want to go swimming or even feel self-conscious in the locker room. Sometimes losing weight can help but most often surgery is needed to remove the excess glandular tissue. Gynecomastia surgery is the only long lasting solution to this problem for most men afflicted. Through gynecomastia surgery you can restore a more masculine, contoured appearance to your chest. It is exciting to hear that after surgery our patients are often happy going without a shirt once again. Click to see before and after photos.
How is gynecomastia surgery performed?
The surgery can be performed in a few different ways.
- Most commonly and often most effectively, excision of the excess fat in the chest area can be removed by the surgeon. An incision is made around the nipple area and the underlying “extra tissue” and fat is removed.
- The breast area can be re-contoured using liposuction. In this technique the surgeons enters the breast region through a number of small openings with a tool called a canula. Using a vacuum technique the excess fat is removed and the breast is reshaped with existing tissue.
- A combination of the two procedures above can be used.
You will be sedated with general anesthesia for your comfort during your procedure. Generally your surgery will be under three hours.
How much does gynecomastia surgery Pittsburgh cost?
The cost for this surgery in Pittsburgh ranges from $ $6500 -$8500. Dr. Grunwaldt maintains a low office overhead, which allows her to charge a fee on the lower end of this range. She can determine your exact fee on the day of your consultation.
What is recovery time for gynecomastia surgery?
You will have restrictions on exercise and physical labor for about 6 weeks. Dr. Grunwaldt will see you at one week for follow up and likely again at 6 weeks after your surgery.
Who is a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
- Men who are physically healthy with no life threatening conditions
- Men uncomfortable with the look of their chest
- Non smokers
- Men whose breast development has stabilized